During a day of trials, I stepped into the shower crying out to my God, "How am I to serve you?" A two-word answer popped into my mind -- "With joy!" and a verse from the Law of Moses, Deut. 28:54 -- those who refuse to serve God with joy for the abundance of everything are welcome to try serving other masters in the paucity of everything. (I paraphrase, here)
Paul had a similar admonition for the Philippians:
- Php 4:4 Rab'de her zaman sevinin; yine söylüyorum, sevinin!
- Rab'de -- in the Lord
- her -- all, every
- zaman -- time
- sevinin -- rejoice! (imperative mood)
And there is a reason why a note of exuberant joy should surround our lives:
- Php 4:13 Beni güçlendirenin aracılığıyla her şeyi yapabilirim.
- Beni -- to me
- güçlendirenin -- the One who makes strong
- aracılığıyla -- by means of
- her şeyi -- every things, all things
- yapabilirim -- I am able to do.